לבקשת הקהל הנה גם הגרסה בעברית על מעמד האישה בישראל הרבה פעמים אני נשאלת על מעמד האישה בישראל. ובהתבסס על איך שהדיונים האלה מתנהלים, הבנתי שלא- ישראלים רואים בנשים ישראליות יותר דומיננטיות ממה שהן בפועל ובעלות זכויות שוות יותר ממה…
5 Powerful Tips for Working with Israelis
I really hope that you have already read my book “Israeli Business Culture” and are familiar with the ISRAELI™ model that elaborates on the major characteristics of the Israeli business culture:
If this is your first time seeing the above model, you can find more details in the following link:
In either case, I want to make sure we are making headway.
Here are five tips for managers around the globe who work with Israelis:
- Cascade Power Down: Try to cascade power down through the organization and . This will motivate your Israeli employees and also make them respect you for trusting and challenging them.
- Differentiate Between Directness in Business and Personal Sensitivity: Many Israelis are unaware of how aggressive their straightforwardness can appear to non-Israelis. Try to keep this in mind, and differentiate between directness in business and personal sensitivity.
- Enjoy the Possibility of Risk-Taking and Improvisation: Israelis tend to think big and aim high. Enjoy the possibility that their risk-taking and improvisation might pay off really well.
- Subdivide Projects: When Israelis go outside the defined lines due to their improvisational mindset, the project outline, timetable and even goals can all change, which may seem to create a mess. However, this can also bring about more interesting and profitable results. I advise non-Israelis to break down projects so that any changes that come up can be monitored and discussed before moving on to the next step.
- Know Your Own Culture’s Valuable Assets: Remember that your ability for strategic long-term planning and attention to detail can serve as a balancing factor and a valuable asset while working with Israelis. A combination of people from different cultures in one organization can increase real-time success in the long run.